Friday, September 15, 2006

Love is always a gift


I've been trying
to be more aware of my attention to the girls....or lack thereof. Over the years there have been more then a handful of repeated questions because I was inattentive, or snappy 'WHAT?!' comments I made when I was being interrupted. I was working on an order for a client last week. I had told the girls that once my office doors were closed I really needed them to leave me alone for a while. They all agreed and I set about getting my work done to meet a deadline. It seemed I'd hardly been at it for 10 minutes when Cassie popped her head in the door saying "Mommy......?" I was irritated. I turned to her and snapped "I told you to stay out. Now go. Please!" She smiled so sweetly and said "I just wanted to tell you that I love you and you're the best Mommy ever." I nearly blubbered out load with guilt. She was trying to give me a gift of love and I was trying to shove her out the door. I called her into my office and pulled her onto my lap. I hugged her and kissed her and for five minutes let her tell me stories of ladybugs and neighborhood puppy dogs and then sent her on her way. There weren't any interruptions after that. I ended up meeting my deadline......and I learned a lot about the gift of love in the process.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzee Bailey said...

That's so sweet. :)

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home