Friday, August 29, 2008

My Thoughts on Photography And On Being


Photography is the language with which my soul speaks. It is the miracle by which my spirit is transformed.

Photography is like poetry. It conveys the power of thought and word wrapped lovingly in the arms of the magic of light.

My best portraits are those moments when my own soul is revealed by telling the story of another. Those portraits are the definition of a unified humanity.

It is either the deepest act of reverence or the greatest act of foolishness to attempt to reveal the magnitude of a life with a photograph.

I am humbled in the presence of other living beings, for their essence reveals to me my own ignorance and insignificance.


It is both brave and humbling to hold my camera up to a living thing and proclaim 'I know you well enough to make your image'

Pause at the shutter and know to the depths of your soul that no living thing will ever be defined by your opinion of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home