Tuesday, March 18, 2008

photography because we age





I just found an entire collection of photographs of myself from many years ago that had completely forgotten about. I went through the photographs bouncing between laughter, reverence and sadness. A photograph can be so powerful! Through the retrospective power of the photograph I was able to recall days I had completely lost. Looking back through time with just a little more maturity under my belt was an incredibly profound experience. Now I ask you this, and please take your time to think of the answer, but WHO are we without our memories? This is just one of the reasons why I photograph.

3 Comments:

Blogger rhitchcock said...

What a beautiful photograph! -Randi

10:15 AM  
Blogger Scrappygirl2u said...

What a hottie! ;)

8:04 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Deanna, have you seen Mariza sing Fado on YouTube? This picture of you is beautiful and reminds me of the beautiful Portuguese women, music, culture. The fadista wears a black shawl when she sings. And the emotion that emits from them, from the voice is so beautiful. so healing... I have been doing some deep work the last week or so.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home